Port with Mertramar offices
More than just bunkering
Besides these bunkering facilities, the port has excellent resources for crew changes, supplies and spare parts. This is because there are four airports within 75 minutes of the port, offering international connections for passengers and goods. Malaga airport, the biggest of the four, also offers customs services that operate seven days a week.
The Port of Algeciras has large facilities for container traffic. In this regard, the experience of Mertramar Algeciras includes all aspects related to cargo and ships including imports, exports, transits and transfers, all performed electronically and efficiently: ADR declarations, customs procedures, and processing of discounts for regular use and/or repairs.
Mertramar Algeciras offers:
- Fuel-supply coordination, always operating in the interests of our clients, to avoid delays, shortages and incidents of any type.
- Coordination of other supplies like lube oil and water, in dock and at anchor.
- Liquid cargo load and discharge operations at the CEPSA, CLH and Vopak refineries.
- Provision of spares, supplies and repairs. Algeciras has a wide range of suppliers for all types of service.
- We coordinate the delivery of spares at Spanish and Portuguese ports, including ADR products.
- Underwater inspections, repairs and cleaning.
- Barges for transferring crew and supplying stores and spare parts.
- Processing of the different permits required for arriving and departing crew.
- Mertramar Algeciras has its own Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) customs office, open seven days a week, from 7:30am to 11:00pm (weekends from 8:00am to 10:00pm).
- Warehousing: bonded and non-bonded. ADR warehousing available.
- Supply and coordination of technical services for electronic equipment, gyrocompasses and similar services.
- Supply of nitrogen, gas-free certificates and a service company for similar activities available.
- Collection of waste, oils and sludge from ships (depending on the characteristics of the waste) in compliance with the MARPOL international convention.
- Crew services: on-signers, off-signers, cash deliveries and medical assistance.
OPL (off port limits) services provided outside the port, where a large number of services can be performed to avoid unnecessary delays and stops. The Port of Algeciras has three areas where these operations can take place.